1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Started a blog. Ummm... That's really it. Ooh no wait - I got engaged! (Readers, in chorus: No! Really?!)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions for 2006. I just wanted to make it to 2007 to be honest.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My best friend had an unexpected but beautiful baby boy, and another good friend had a planned but also beautiful baby boy. Both are now pregnant again.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Makes a nice change.
5. What countries did you visit?
The most exciting place I went was the Lake District in England. I plan to make up for this with my honeymoon later this year! (Oh my god, THIS YEAR)
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Enough bookshelves to house all my books.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
12th February, the day Fiance proposed to me in the bathroom of our last flat. Have I ever posted the engagement story? I can't remember. Must check. It's a page turner, I tell you.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not having a nervous breakdown and going outdoors in my pyjamas.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know, I think I've blanked it out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really - only about 43 bouts of the cold, which is good for me.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The lovely cream jacket I bought on a whim, and promptly spilled coffee on.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine of course! Not really... Fiance has been a tower of strength to me, but that's his job.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Britney Spears. How hard is it to put some knickers on woman?! I don't WANT to see your fanjita.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes and books.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finally getting my hands on a diamond.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Dani California by the Chilis.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier (not difficult)
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Richer (but only a wee bit)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise! Writing! Exfoliating!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating shit, watching shit and buying shit.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
This meme has obviously been doing the rounds since before Christmas... Anyhoo, I spent it with family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes. Fiance and I have had a bit of a time of it in the last year, and it's taken it's toll on our relationship. We've now reached the end of the tunnel, and are basking in the light...*
22. How many one-night stands?
None! I'm a soon to be married laydee!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost. Until the bastards at Sky poached it from Channel 4, meaning plebs like me couldn't watch it.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I hate George W. Bush a bit more than I did this time last year.
25. What was the best book you read?
I loved 'Saturday' by Ian McEwan. And I read 'Rebecca' (Daphne du Maurier) for the first time too, that was a good read. And 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro. And... I could go on for hours. Will stop now.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn't discover anyone, but Muse's new album is fab - cannot get enough of Knights of Cydonia. LOVE. IT.
27. What did you want and get?
A bay window.
28. What did you want and not get?
A little dog. Boo.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see that many, so I'll say Pirates of the Caribbean part 2. I like escapism. And Johnny Depp.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26, and I went out for dinner with my family.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to move straight into my new house, without having to live in The Hellhole over the summer.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Cheap meets Lazy.
33. What kept you sane?
Knowing that I can come home to Fiance, shut the door behind me and laugh/cry/scream/do whatever makes me feel better, and he'll still love me.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Sawyer from Lost #drools#
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The hoo-haa over whether people from new EU member states should be allowed to come and work in Britain. I'm sick of hearing about 'the bloody Polish' coming in and taking our jobs. The population of Scotland is FALLING, people! We should be welcoming em with open arms.
#steps down off soapbox#
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't really meet any new people, unless you count the virtual people I've met through this blog. If I can count those, it would be Sarah, who is lovely.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Not to immediately lose my temper during an argument. I now build myself up to it.