The 10 Commandments of Bus Travel
2. Thou shalt not dither - make it clear whether or not you wish to get on an approaching bus, as soon as it comes into view.
3. Thou shalt have thy bus pass/fare to hand, not at the bottom of thy handbag. Some people need to get to work.
3. Thou shalt not sit next to me when the bus is half empty. There is Just. No. Need.
4. Thou shalt say 'excuse me' when you need me to let you out from the window seat. Do not just stand up and barge past me without so much as a by-your-leave.
5. Thou shalt not play music at such a volume that your fellow passengers can hear every word of the lyrics.
6. Thou shalt not put thy luggage in the Metro holder.
7. Thou shalt not hog the seat or bash your seat-mate (me) with your elbows while you read your paper.
8. Thou shalt not ding the bell more than once.
9. Thou shalt not attempt to read my book over my shoulder. It is rude.
10. Thou shalt NEVER pick thy nose on the bus.
*Just being old is not reason enough - there must also be a reasonable degree of frailty to allow queue skipping.